As requested by Greyson on his birthday!
Spaghetti & meat sauce! One of our favorites around here.
- spaghetti or pasta, for serving
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced, optional
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (369 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
In large saucepan, cook ground beef with onions & peppers, over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are softened. Add garlic and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until garlic softened.
Add remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or longer. Add water if required. The length of simmering will add depth to the flavour of the sauce.
While sauce simmers, cook spaghetti noodles or other pasta, if desired.
Serve with parmesan cheese for topping.